The DesignWare® ARC® EM Starter Kit is a low-cost, versatile solution enabling rapid software development, debugging and profiling for the ARC EM Family of processors, including the EM4, EM6, EM5D, EM7D, EM9D and EM11D.
The development board supports a variety of hardware extensions via six 2x6 connectors supporting a total of 48 user I/O pins (plus power and ground pins) that can be used to connect components such as sensors, actuators, memories, displays, buttons, switches, and communication devices. A Digilent Pmod™ Compatible extension board containing a 4-channel 12-bit A/D converter with an I2C interface and an AC power adapter is included in the package.
- Supports all ARC EM cores
- Closely Coupled Memory for instructions and for data
- 128 MByte DDR3 RAM
- Six connectors for hardware extensions
- Flexible selection of UART, SPI, I2C and GPIO peripherals
- JTAG and serial console over USB
- Standard 20-pin JTAG connector also supporting 4-wire JTAG for ARC EM processor
- 8 Mbyte for application software available in on-board flash
- SD-card for additional application software and data storage
The board contains multiple configurations of ARC EM cores and can be used to for specific ARC EM cores by choosing the appropriate compiler/build options. More information is available from the Synopsys web site. The boards can be ordered online from the Synopsys web site.